Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Business of Design is your Business

Every designer, every creative individual needs a great financial advisor or accountant. Everyone. No Exception. As a professional artist I've had an accountant for the past 25 years. The same one and she is absolutely terrific. She used to work for the IRS and she (Gale Williams) knows her business. She has advised me well over the years and has saved me tons of money and gotten me into the habit of keeping every receipt and every payment I've ever made for electricity, gas, cable, phones, electronics, magazines, movies, computers, paper, greeting cards, books, Music, entertainment for clients or individuals in the business, etc. You name it and I write it off...within reason.
Get yourself an accountant now and your life will be made so much easier at tax time.
I'm dead serious. Don't wait.
Here are some amazing sites that are FREE on the web and have been endorsed by numerous financial organizations as a great place to get started with your money.


www.mint.com
Free financial software, financial planning, online money management and personal budget sofware.


www.simplifi.net
Free financial advice and planning made simple

It's never too soon to start thinking about investments and financial savings.
Start now. Here are two amazing websites that are free to use that will introduce, instruct and enlighten you about your future as a creative person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers